TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nothing is swept under the rug
People Seeking Info

Subject Nothing is swept under the rug

Posted by Kyle(Houston) on April 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 1192 times.

In Reply To Re: STL Z32 700RWHP club: dyno analysis GTX vs GTRS, 400+ vs 500 posted by aliaZ on April 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Message The customer is on contact with me to find out what happened and get the problem corrected instead of putting speculation and hearsay on a forum where people start making assumptions that are flat out not true.

One being the lack of washers. This is 100% a False statement and hearsay. The motor has ARP head studs, washers, and nuts.

With that said a lot of people seem to think the OEM washers should be used when using the ARP studs. I have actually pulled apart a few motors with ARP studs and OEM washers and have witnessed stress cracks on the OEM washers. They are made to be used with the OEM bolts but I am sure they were never designed to be used with the increased torque loads from ARP studs and high HP motors.

Here is a picture of one of the washers pulled out of a car with several thousand miles with ARP studs and OEM washers.

Sorry for the low quality picture. I just took it this morning on my phone.

So as you can see I am not convinced that "spreading the torque load" is a good thing with the OEM washers as some seem to think.

So instead of a bunch drama on the forum, I will get the customer taken care of like a good business owner should. I will get to the bottom of what caused the issue so it never happens again.

Kyle "Grumpy Bear" Puckett
Import Parts Pro
Phone: 281-288-0700
AIM: KyleatIPP
Yahoo: KyleatIPP

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.